Moving Right Along…

November 15th, 2015 grdima19

Hey everybody!

Things are really starting to heat up here on campus (not really; it’s freezing). On Thursday I will enroll for my second semester classes, and I just can’t help thinking where has the semester gone? 

November just feels like the beginning of the end. On Saturday I turned 18, and I’m just feeling so many emotions. On the one hand, I’m excited that I’m no longer the baby of the group. On the other hand, I am a little devastated that childhood is over! My friends are the best though, because they threw me a surprise party!! I definitely did NOT see it coming. When they threw the door opened and yelled surprise, all I could say was “Is this…for me?”

They even got my name spelled correctly!

Aren’t they sweet?

But now that my birthday is over, it is time to continue focusing on rehearsal. The Underpants runs from December 3-6 (that is only two weeks away!) I’m pumped; it’s going to be hilarious. Here is a sneak peak at what to expect.

Andrew and Hannah, casually making out.

This week we’ve moved from the rehearsal space to the actual stage.

If you look  closely, you can see that all the platforms are sitting in the audience. Because this is an ACT (alternative college theatre) show, everything is built by the students. I am going in on Thursday to build. I have some experience constructing sets, but I’m counting on this being a little challenging…

Click here if you want to read the press release about the show!

On a different note…

Okay, by now you know that I like to act. Though I love art, that is pretty much all I am good at. However, I just had to share with you that my roommate  is taking a photography  class. As I am writing this, she is setting up equipment in our room so that she can take portraits of her and her sister.

My roommate Katie and her sister Maggie, converting our dorm into a studio.

All of the equipment is available here on campus. Katie is in a black and white class, and after she shoots, she gets to develop the film herself. She’s basically a professional… just kidding. But she’s really good.

Well, that is my update to you all!  I have papers to write and a composition to study for, but the thought of Thanksgiving is keeping me going.